Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Underappreciated Good qualities of Mike Brown Thread - (No Bashing wanted)
This is going to sound a little complicate but I hope I can keep it short.

Are there any of you here who would feel a little guilty if you inherited a ton of money and decided to never work and just blow it all? Some people who are born (or instilled) with a certain value system would feel that even if they have a lot of money they still need to be working and saving. They don't waste anything even if they have more than they need.

Mike Brown is unique among NFL owners. he was not wildly successful in some business that earned him enough money to buy an NFL team. Instead he inherited the family business. If he is ever going to prove his worth at anything it will be running the Bengals. That is why it is so hard for him to step back and hire a GM that would get the credit for building and running the team.

So the way I explain Mike Brown is that the only thing he has to hang his hat on is the football team. If he gives up control of that then he is nothing. And his conservative financial values would be praised by most people here if they were talking about any other person on earth except the owner of their favorite sports team.

One final note....Although I am accused of being a "blind homer" by many people around here I have complained about Mike Brown being too conservative many times. When they completely blew off the '11 season for "rebuilding" I refused to buy a ticket to PBS that year. But I also give them credit for spending over the league salary cap the last couple of seasons.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Underappreciated Good qualities of Mike Brown Thread - (No Bashing wanted) - fredtoast - 05-12-2017, 11:18 AM