Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
(05-12-2017, 12:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: He does need to work on his technique but so does Derek Barnett who lots wanted us to take at 9.

Willis went to Kansas State, is a bit stiff and you said needs to work on his technique, that is why he fell.

Not cause of his potential. Very good players fall to the mid rounds all the time. Geno Atkins fell to the 4th.
I wanted absolutely nothing to do with Barnett either though lol. Barnett had the fantastic ability of also not being athletic at all so I would have actually preferred Willis. I do think Willis has potential, but he is a mroe developmental player than people anticipate I believe. I'm not saying he'll never be good, just that I think he has the lowest chance from my personal observation
(05-12-2017, 12:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  I had no idea that horse was yours.

2.  It does not take "insane luck" to have all of our top 3 picks work out.  It may not happen as much as some people think, but you are being a bit too negative.

1. I'm not saying I invented the concept. But I've said it like 5 times this thread.

2. How many times do the top 3 players of any draft work out compared to how often they don't? You yourself preach how much a crapshoot the draft is often. I might be being negative but I would say history is on my side.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - eoxyod - 05-12-2017, 03:23 PM