Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to sign EO to investigate...
(05-12-2017, 01:39 PM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: You're missing the entire point that I'm not the one who said "At least you have an open mind". The fact that you keep quoting it as if it's something I said is making absolutely no sense to me. 

You're also taking my comment about people being biased being irrelevant out of context, perhaps because it seemed unclear what I was saying. 

When I said everyone being biased is irrelevant, I was saying it is irrelevant to the point that I'm making which is that everyone being biased isn't what matters in the context of specific arguments. What matters is what theyre being biased about and how that plays into what they are arguing.

I find it extremely strange that you out of all people are trying to play the saint card. You of all people are talking about "passive agressiveness". Please spare me the self righteousness. If you're going to hold an argument to a set of standards but not hold a comparable argument to those same set of standards then you need to re-evaluate your argument. 

This has nothing to do with finger pointing and everything to do with adressing unfairness when it present itself in an argumentative environment. You're honestly going to sit here and tell me that if you were having a discussion with someone and they were blatantly being biased that you wouldn't call them out on it? Aren't you the same person that always seems to be playing the game of "gotcha"?

Youre arguing something different than what I am putting forth. I am not pointing out bias to show that someone is a biased person. I'm pointing out the bias to show there is unfairness in the argument. 

That's why I'm pointing out your bias.

PS  Have I ever pointed out your bias in any of your blantantly biased threads about Trump?  I don't think I have.  Also, I'm frequenlty accused of playing a game of "gotcha," but just because I'm accused of that doesn't mean it is actually true.  But, if playing the game of "gotcha" means I'm trying to prove someone wrong or leading them to reach a conclusion on their own so they will understand they are wrong, then I'm guilty as charged.  If you can prove me wrong or lead me to reach a different conclusion, be my guest.  If you can, you're actually doing me a service by forcing me to re-evaluate my belief.  If you actually do, I'll do you the courtesy of not whining about you playing "gotcha."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to sign EO to investigate... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-12-2017, 03:57 PM