Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary
(05-12-2017, 05:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Shockingly the reporter has stated he did nothing wrong. FWIW, I think as a long time correspondent, the reporter is used to having the run of the Capitol as I doubt Secret Service frequents the WV state capital. But on this occasion they were there protecting a member of POTUS' team.

Reporter probably thought I done this a 1,000 times, I'm not doing anything wrong; however, the rules are a little different when the SS is protecting a National Asset.

Agreed. That's what I was saying earlier, although I thought the reporter was in an area that's not open to the public. Witnesses have said it was a public hallway, which makes it more of an issue. I realize people think it's different given it's the ss, but they still have to follow the same laws. I've been at press meetings and in state capitols when cabinet level people come through. Press shouting questions is generally the norm. And that's generally by design. Those people don't have time to sit down and answer every inquiry. Generally, you lob a question, they lob an answer, they go on.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: W. Va. reporter arrested for 'yelling questions' at HHS secretary - Benton - 05-12-2017, 07:05 PM