Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to sign EO to investigate...
(05-13-2017, 10:45 AM)Matt_Crimson Wrote: So you honestly don't think if someone's showing bias in an argument that their bias shouldn't be brought to the forefront to discuss the integrity of their argument?

I'm sure you've taken more than one English class and I'm sure that in at least one of those Engish classes your teacher told you to avoid biased arguments when doing research and writing essays. Why do you think your teacher told you that? When you were being blatantly biased in the essays you wrote, why did your teacher point them out to you and tell you to re-evaluate what you said? 

Whether you realize it or not, people are pointing out bias in other people's arguments all the time. Not because they are playing "gotcha" but because they want to challenge the integrity of the arguments.

A classic example of "finger pointing" is when a creationist and an athiest argue about how the universe came to be.

Have I pointed out your bias in one of your Trump threads? Yes or no.

Quote:That's not playing gotcha. Playing gotcha is when your just trying to make someone look stupid rather than actually have a discussion.

If that is what "gotcha" is then, no, I'm not the guy who frequently plays "gotcha."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to sign EO to investigate... - oncemoreuntothejimbreech - 05-13-2017, 10:57 AM