Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks
(05-13-2017, 11:07 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Among all WRs in the league he was 53rd in receptions and 58th in yards.  So as a #3WR he ranked among what would on average be the top 2 WRs for each team (64)

Among the 58 WRs that had at least 50 receptions he ranked 46th in yards per reception.

Among rookie WRs he was 4th in receptions and 3rd in yards.

stats per 10 games with Green.........3.3 rec...34.9 yds...10.6 avg
stats per  6 games without Green.....3.5 rec...42.3 yds...12.1 avg

1 td is not great, but not horrible at all for a #3 WR.

There are 32 teams in the NFL and only 79 WRs caught as many as 3 tds.  So on average the #3 WR usually has fewer than 3 receiving tds.

But, whatever.....

But you say Boyd had the production of a #2 WR (53rd in catches, 58th in yards). Among those WRs, where did Boyd rank in YPC and TDs?

I actually like Boyd, but I have to admit those numbers are disappoiting. It shows he lacks speed to make plays as well as red zone prowess. He can obviously improve but I bet those numbers played a role in the drafting of John Ross, who has amazing speed and red zone production.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Tempered Expectations for Draft Picks - Shake n Blake - 05-13-2017, 11:29 AM