Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump to sign EO to investigate...
(05-13-2017, 07:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I'm not telling you shouldn't do it. I'm asking what is the point?  If I think you're biased and I disagree, I'm going to disagree. If I tell you your biased and disagree what have I accomplished by telling you you're biased in addition to stating my disagreement?  Nothing really except maybe communicate to you I dismiss your argument off hand as inferior because it is biased and therefore not worthy of consideration.

Example:  Mainstream media. Biased. Therefore fake news. I don't even pay attention to them anymore.

What you would accomplish is that you would possibly make me aware of the bias in my argument, assuming I don't already know it's there. Truth is sometimes people aren't even aware of the bias in their arguments but when pointed out will adjust their opinion or simply stand by their bias. As I stated before people point out others biased arguments all the time, it's just that they don't explicitly state "you're bring biased" but rather they reveal the bias through argumentation.

I don't always explictely state "you're being biased" but sometimes I will if I feel a point is being missed.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump to sign EO to investigate... - Matt_Crimson - 05-14-2017, 11:17 AM