Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances?
(05-16-2017, 01:41 AM)Gohards Wrote: I like how you put that geno is "only" 29, but when it comes to aj you act like 29 is old.

Hof= popularity contest. I think Aj def gets in the hall if he keeps doing what hes doing. Hes a very popular player around the league and will have #s to back it up.

Geno is a top 3 DT of his generation, but isn't popular among the public. Id say he barely misses the hall.

I knew someone would say that. Geno is "only" 29 because his HOF credentials are already close. AJ Green being 29 is a problem because he has a long way to go. I thought I made that pretty clear. The popularity contest thing is why I think Geno possibly won't get it. If so, he will go down as one of the greatest players snubbed from the HOF. He's already probably the best player in the league that no one talks about. I know he gets Pro Bowl nods, but that's only thanks to fans checking the box for the player with the most sacks.

(05-16-2017, 02:06 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I think AJ needs at least THREE solid, healthy seasons...and then he will be a full HoF contender. He has too many partial seasons, and its killing his statistics.

Last year I think he was on pace to have his best season, before getting healthy. He already had 100 targets in 10 games and 66 catches...If he can have a Larry Fitzgerald length career, he'll be fine.

He was killing it last year, but part of the reason for the huge numbers was Eifert being out. Eifert is now healthy (knock on wood), plus we drafted more receivers. AJ's best season was 2013, when he set career highs in all 3 categories, going for 98-1426-11. Assuming he's healthy (which is tough to assume with him) and he were able to match his career highs for 3 straight years, that would bump him up to 775 catches, 11,413 yards and 82 TDs.

Those numbers are nearly identical to Chad's career numbers. AJ would be 32 at that point, at the age where receivers usually drop off a cliff at any moment. This not only shows how hard it is for a receiver to rack up enough yards for the HOF, it also shows how great Chad's career was that AJ would still need 3 career years to catch up to him.

Quote:Circleville Guy

As long as these 2 can stay healthy until s career totals. age 34 or 35, I think that they will both have the numbers and the pro bowls.

I think Geno is getting close and just needs to stay productive for 2-3 years to get consideration, if the HOF were being fair. I think AJ Green is a long shot, only because it's tough for receivers to make it. They need around 14000 yards and sometimes still have to wait.

DT's that play like Geno are far more rare than receivers that produce like AJ Green. As amazing as I think AJ is. If they have the longevity to play til they're 34-35, it would help their chances immensely.

(05-16-2017, 02:40 AM)J24 Wrote: Unless they win a title then no. I think both would get in if it was just based on watching them play but the media is way to bias.

Unfortunately I think you may be right. It seems like players have 1 strike against them just for being a Bengal. The fact that Ken Riley is 5th all-time in INT's and is the only player in the top 10 that's not in the HOF is amazingly ridiculous and inexcusable. Darren Sharper isn't in the HOF but I counted him because if not for the rape, he definitely was in. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances? - Shake n Blake - 05-16-2017, 09:44 AM