Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT BENGALS NAMES COME END OF SUMMER
(05-16-2017, 03:35 AM)kevin Wrote: Russell Bodine, JJ Dielman, TJ Johnson, Clint Bodine, Trey Hopkins, Alex Redmond, Christian Westerman, Kent Perkins, Dustin Stanton, Jake Fisher, Landon Lechler, Cedric Ogbuehi, Andre Smith, Eric Winston

These are the O Line blockers.  Now some of you may not care. Some of you may be all excited about other players on this team.  I TELL YOU, IF THIS TEAM CAN NOT BLOCK, THIS TEAM CAN NOT WIN.   The team had blocking problems 2016. Big reason for THE LOSING SEASON...That is right, do not forget our Bengals coming off an AWFUL season and why we drafted high. ....Losing our Left Tackle and Right Guard makes our O Line even WORSE......

It will be up to The Bengals to COACH THEM UP IN SUMMER CAMP.....I myself like the addition of non drafted Kent Perkins from Texas Longhorns. I'm hoping he at least makes reserve team. Maybe strongest weight room player out of college and a solid starter at Texas, a school and state known for football. ....These 14 need COACHED UP and by START OF REGULAR SEASON must be ready as a TEAM.  Not Individuals. One Functioning TEAM OF BLOCKERS.

If these guys can't be coached up, Bengals will finish in last place and get quarterbacks and running backs injured.  Our receivers will never get the ball as the defenses get to our quarterback too fast.  Last place and injuries.

IF however these guys can be COACHED UP......and they FIRE OFF the line and open running lanes....and they can do the even harder NFL Pass Blocking and give our quarterbacks the needed split seconds of timing....THEN WE CAN WIN.

Now I'm not expecting Anthony Munoz, Max Montoya, Dave Lapham, Blair Bush, Mike Wilson, Bruce Reimers, Bruce Koserski, Joe Walter out of this bunch.  I'm just hoping they aren't the sad sack 1990's NO BLOCKING BUNGLES of Tom Scott, Ken Moyer, Tom Rayem, Kevin Sargent, Dave Cadigan, Darrick Britz, Scott Brumfield ....or 2008 Eric Giachiuc and Stacy Andrews who on an O Line just awful even with Levi Jones, Whitworth, and Bobby Williams.  They got Palmer killed and had Fitzgerald running for his life as the defense poured in on every snap from center.

If they are anything like the awful Bungles lines, Bengals will go 3-13.

If they can come together as a good blocking unit, Bengals can win...Now I do NOT think it was a great draft because the O Line got passed over in Rounds 3, 4 and early 5 as Bengals took an extra WR and even a kicker early.  This ignoring the needs at O Line early, I hope doesn't come back to bite them in their assessments. .....Passing over O Line on first 7 picks may be a HUGE mistake.

Agree with this or not, but these 14 names are now THE MOST IMPORTANT names going into Camp and Preseason.  It's sink or swim. WITH BLOCKING WE CAN WIN....WITHOUT BLOCKING WE ARE LOOKING AT 3-13 or 4-12. .....Names like Mixon and Ross or even Dalton and Green aren't going to mean much if this team can't BLOCK.  For these 14, September will come sooner than they think. They have much to do in a short time. How can you get these 14 guys COACHED UP into a solid.  blocking unit.  It has to be done or it will be a long losing season for Bengals.  This is Bengals biggest challenge this Summer. There is no bigger challenge. Not addressing O Line more in early mid rounds may hurt.   I have seen many BUNGLES teams with no blocking.  None of the playbook plays of X's and O's work with no blocking.  I hope we have Blocking, I really do, because nothing is worse than Bengals in years they can not block.  There isn't even any point to watch the games when they can't block heading to 3-13 season.

These 14 names are the most important names going into camp and preseason.  We all better hope and pray they can block.  It is an NFL O Line very much in question, maybe the weakest O Line in NFL until they prove otherwise.  Oh, If this team can't block, I don't want to hear fans blaming Dalton....Now all this said. I'm hoping they can block. I'm hoping they block the team into the Super Bowl, but there is much, much, much work and coaching up to be done this Summer.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMPORTANT BENGALS NAMES COME END OF SUMMER - ochocincos - 05-16-2017, 10:07 AM