Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances?
(05-16-2017, 03:43 PM)eoxyod Wrote: Pretty clearly all the best players and contributors in NFL history are in there. The players that are in there who might not be the best in the league were still great players in their era, but also had profound effects on the shape on the NFL. Overall team success is still needed, but if we make a couple of actual playoff runs then those 2 would be shoe ins

You're right. Overall team success is still needed but I think it's weighed to heavily. The fact that Terry Bradshaw and his 70.9 career passer rating (that's right, 70.9) is in the HoF while Ken Anderson and his 81.9 career passer rating is not in the HoF is complete bullshite. Bradshaw said that he wasn't even the best QB in his division because Ken Anderson was. I get that 4 Super Bowl wins is a huge accomplishment, but they won those with their defense. Don't even get me started on Joe Namath.

Also, Lynn Swann in the HoF?? His numbers aren't good at all. Isaac Curtis' numbers are better than his and I don't think he deserves to be in either. John Stallworth's numbers aren't very good either but, I agree as you said, team success is still taken into account.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances? - BengalFanInNJ - 05-16-2017, 04:13 PM