Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Special counsel appointed in Russia probe
(05-17-2017, 11:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course Politicians differ; I've said this many times before (it must have gotten deleted)  and that is not the hysteria I am referring to.

If you want to suggest the reaction by the media and the public is anywhere near the same then just say so.

I say we have never seen a reaction to a Presidential Election like this.

What say you?

The media is a popular target, but that's shifting the blame, which resides squarely with both parties playing politics. So is blaming the public (whether people are talking about ignorant voters or voter fraud or whatever manipulation of the facts the situation calls for).

The reaction to Trump from the left is no different than the reaction to Obama from the right. Birthers, muslim accusations, satanism, his role as a 9/11 hijacker, his role as a Christian radical... It was ridiculous. So was the reaction by career politicians like Mitch McConnell who — along with others — vowed not to work with the guy just because he was... not Mitch McConnell.

The difference with Obama's far right beyond silly accusations is that at most he went to a church with a radical Christian pastor (how that qualified him as a Muslim, I'm not sure); as most (so far) with Trump is several members of his campaign in close ties with Russian officials, and — according to the guy most recently investigating the issue — an order from Trump that it not be investigated.

That's not overreaction. Overreaction is a reality television personality claiming the POTUS is born in another country so often that politicians looking to make a name for themselves ask for information they already have. Overreaction is when someone being admired is perceived negatively, so people actually say public employees who spent eight years on strike because they didn't like a co-worker were actually getting their jobs done. Overreaction is dismissing all the smoke because the fire would force some to admit they were wrong.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Special counsel appointed in Russia probe - Benton - 05-17-2017, 11:53 PM