Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IMPORTANT BENGALS NAMES COME END OF SUMMER
(05-19-2017, 05:53 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Calling two guys that have been with the team for an entire season learning the system and getting bigger/stronger crappy is more assumptive than having faith that they will be solid.  You assume they are going to suck because they are new, when the Bengals (who see them every day) felt strongly enough about them to let Zeitler walk.  Furthermore, if you think they should have paid Zeitler the $12 million per year, I would like to see what other players you think are expendable because you won't be able to sign them all....guys like Burfict and Eifert that are up next year.  Would you rather have the incredibly average Zeitler over them?

Our center doesn't suck.  He actually graded out as an above average run blocker, but below average pass blocker.  Remember, the Bengals lost a lot of weapons last season and teams didn't have to respect their deep passing game.  The line of scrimmage almost always had 8 in the box.  Bodine has improved each year he has been here.  I am not saying I love the guy, but your hate for him is as dated as morons that say the Bengals are cheap.

Regarding Ced O:  The club has admitted that they did him a massive disservice by having him play RT and play while he was injured.  This will be his first healthy offseaon, OTAs, and training camp since he was drafted.  Remember, Andrew Whitworth didn't set the world on fire when he first started, either.

Again, in summation, four of the five spots have legitimate potential to be better than last year....especially in the running game.  Ced will be a huge factor, but I have faith in him as the Bengals do, and Whit was going to turn 36 during the season.  Not very realistic to extend a guy of his age.  
First off I said we had unkowns not bad players at RG and RT, secondly Bodine is a decent run blocker and a terrible pass protector, and thirddly all of the Ced excuses the team is saying is complete crap because no player should be that bad. He showed zero signs of improvement; how is that possible. He also struggled in college with a lot of sacks. So he probably just isnt that good. Also you say it wasn't smart to extend Whitworth but why didn't the Bengals franchise him for this season?  Losing a HOF Lt is pure stupidity when we had the money and the use of a franchise tag to keep him.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: IMPORTANT BENGALS NAMES COME END OF SUMMER - J24 - 05-19-2017, 01:13 PM