Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Different and Is It Enough?
(05-20-2017, 03:03 PM)jason Wrote: Ah c'mon fellas...

What's new? We have a retooled offensive line featuring a cagey veteran, two high round bookends, and Clint Boling. The fastest man to ever live now plays WR. The Bengals obtained the best RB in the 2017 draft. Vontaze Burfict is in shape, and I'm not talking round. The best CB in last year's draft will make his NFL debut in Cincinnati. The defensive line is gonna have a really good rotation. Tyler Boyd should be improved... Will it be enough? If history is any indication, probably not. It should be fun to watch though.

This^^

Look, I know ole MELVIN isn't that good of a HC, and Mikey isn't a very good GM...but they have assembled a very potent roster. Yeah, we lost Whit and Big Z..but hey, that's the business. You can't keep everybody. Plus we drafted two guys you know we were gonna have to play at some point. I think too many people are being negative about the Oline, like the sky is falling and we'll be one of the worst teams in the league next year. Well I beg to differ.

What's changed?

SPEED.

YOUTH.

Now..will those two things alone carry this team? I doubt it. But they sure will help! We won't be seeing Maualuga miss gaps and tackles anymore. No more Peko whiffing on blockers and RB's. No more Nugent missing easy XPs. How many games were lost last year due to ST mishaps? Yeah, I know Ogbuehi had a bad year, and the thought of him protecting Andy's blindside is scarey, but lets see what a full offseason of strength training has done for him before we cast him to the wolves. I'm willing to bet he has a much better year than last year (I mean, he's GOT to...right?!) and I'm willing to bet this defense hits the ground running this year with an in-shape Burfict and a defensive line rotation.

Like Jason said: It will be fun to watch!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is Different and Is It Enough? - The D.O.Z. - 05-20-2017, 03:35 PM