Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why the death penalty isn't all bad.
(05-20-2017, 06:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I am aware of your view; that's why I said it is an enigma. Yours and others support of individual liberty and bodily autonomy makes life cheap and "makes fewer person(s) in the world". It's the same argument that many use to oppose Capital Punishment.

You don't support Capitol Punishment and I do not support abortion "individual liberty and bodily autonomy" when someone wants the child.

Not really sure you are using the term strawman correctly.

It is a strawman, because I do not support abortion. I seek to end the need for the procedure in all but the most dire situations. I just support greater access to contraceptives, greater access to health care, better reproductive education, etc., as a means to that result instead of the state stripping people that have committed no crime of their personal liberty. I only support the state denying someone their liberty in the case of a criminal conviction, and I don't support the state, or anyone else, really, denying someone their life unless they pose an immediate threat to the life of another.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the death penalty isn't all bad. - Belsnickel - 05-20-2017, 07:46 PM