Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Different and Is It Enough?
(05-20-2017, 12:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Hey folks, I am making a rare cameo appearance, since it's the off season, and since moving from the fourth row 50 yard line to the upper deck!

I'm looking forward to August and seeing how things unfold and will watch, root, and follow, when I can, just doing so without the NFL Ticket.

My question is this;

What, if anything, is different about this year, opposed to any of the other seasons since 2011?

For those that think this year is different that leads to my next question;

With Brown and Lewis still at the helm, will the differences be enough and why?

Good thread. Letting Peko and Maualuga go, letting Billings take over as our run stopper and adding Minter were huge for
this Defense. Billings is not just a space eater like Peko, he can rush the passer too and if only one man is blocking him he
will win with his superhuman strength. Billings is also deceptively quick and ran down RB's from behind in college lots of
times. Just hope the injury doesn't linger, luckily he is really young.

Minter can stop the run and is a very good cover Linebacker, major upgrade over Maualuga.

On Defense we needed to add a pass rusher or two and we added Jordan Willis the fastest D-lineman in the draft and Carl
Lawson, probably the most physical pass rusher in the draft. I think atleast one of these guys will be much better than MJ.

We are much younger on Defense than we were last year.

On Offense adding John Ross and Joe Mixon were huge. Ross is a great Redzone receiver which is precisely what we needed
after last year when we were pathetic in the Red zone. Ross has great hands and has a wide route tree and he is extremely
smart. We needed a deep threat besides AJ Green and Core and Ross provides this and much more.

Mixon has the best vision of any RB i have ever seen, better than LeVeon Bell IMHO. Great hands, quicks and balance. Mixon
most likely will make the biggest impact of any rookie this year.

The Offensive Line is where it all hinges, Og and Fisher will get better, Boling should be 100% unlike last year, Andre should
be an upgrade in the run game if he can stay healthy...

Might be enough to carry the ineptitude of Marv and MB actually. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is Different and Is It Enough? - Nate (formerly eliminate08) - 05-21-2017, 02:09 PM