Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy DeVos: Looking out for the little guy
(05-20-2017, 02:10 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: https://www.yahoo.com/news/billionaire-betsy-devos-wants-scrap-172400836.html

I guess Betsy thinks they should be out selling Amway crap to pay their student loans instead of public service.

You forgot this part, Oncemore:

According to budget documents obtained by the Washington Post, the Trump administration plans to end the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program, which more than 400,000 people are counting on as part of their financial future.

In an effort to make taxpayers foot the bill for their depraved lives of leisure, more than 400,000 aspiring teachers, social workers, public defenders, and others took the government up on its offer. It might not be the only reason they chose these lines of work, but it certainly factored into the decisions of many. The first loans were – and as of now, still are – set to be wiped away in October , a date the program’s first participants have no doubt been counting down to for nearly a decade.

Unfortunately for these poor saps, two rich kids who have never taken out a student loan in their lives and only entered “public service” after years of fortune-building in the private sector are now in charge of the federal education system. And they don’t care if they attract people to the public and non-profit sectors. They’re not even convinced these sectors should exist. It’s also possible DeVos’s own experiences in government have taught her public service is something you pay for the privilege of doing, not the other way around.

How many Trumpsters will be affected by loss of this program, I wonder?  I am guessing not a large portion. Hopefully when Pence becomes president he will extend the pain to Trumpland with further cuts and legislation. Then won't all be about the media and the Obama deep state.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Betsy DeVos: Looking out for the little guy - Dill - 05-21-2017, 02:51 PM