Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy DeVos: Looking out for the little guy
The public service loan forgiveness thing has had its critics from the get go. I could take it or leave it, to be quite honest. The preliminary budget that was put out there also got rid of the Perkins loan program once and for all (which I am all sorts of in favor of doing, for purely selfish reasons, it is an administrative headache), and the subsidized loan program. Can't tell how I feel about the subsidized loan program. I'd be more on board with cutting it if there were other cost control measures being implemented. But, of course, there aren't, because that is not how we like to do business in a GOP run government.

The voucher program, though, its bollocks and will do more harm to our education system in the long run.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: Betsy DeVos: Looking out for the little guy - Belsnickel - 05-22-2017, 12:22 PM