Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches
(05-22-2017, 09:14 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: The Bengals will love their shiny new toy in Mixon, both as a RB and as a receiving threat.  I do, however, think they will try to ease him in to the rotation and not wear him out the first half of the season.  

Since Brad interpreted "touches" as carries, I would say that Hill will get quite a bit more than three and Mixon less than 20.  Hill will get every opportunity to take advantage of defenses having one less guy in the box as he will be playing for a new contract.  Not here, but for somewhere else.  You don't cut a guy in his contract year, at least not at the beginning of the season.  If at the mid-point Hill is an absolute liability, I could see them greatly reducing his snaps, but they want that compensatory pick when he signed somewhere else next year.  Look at what the Bengals got in the 6th round this year.  I really doubt they would not keep him in an effort to earn another later compensatory pick.
I didn't interpret touches and carries and actually pointed out that out in my description of Mixon in the passing game, and I think that that's another reason that Mixon gets a lot more touches because of what he offers as a receiver.

I didn't even think about the compensatory pick, but that's a great point.

Let's hope that, if we do keep him, he realizes that this season is an audition for a new team and stops sissy-footing around in the backfield.  
(05-22-2017, 12:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually hope it is somewhat like that, might be off a bit but if Mixon is getting the majority of the touches we are doing
the right thing. With his vision and hands the dude should be deadly out there. Hill has such bad vision and doesn't hit the
hole hard anymore, like you said, he dances around too much and thinks he is a scat back.

I doubt they cut Hill though, he is still good at punching it in the endzone.

I sure hope Gio gets back to being that player before the Shazier hit, if so we will have a great RB duo once again. Loved
his burst and fearlessness he had before that hit. Gio coming off injury is another reason why Mixon should be the main
guy and is another reason i doubt we cut Hill.

Other people mentioned Hill's short yardage abilities, too, but let's not overlook that Mixon is no slouch at lowering his pad levels and driving into the endzone, either.

I just see Mixon as a do-it-all guy that can take our offense to the next level.

I can see us keeping Hill because of us needing another between-the-tackles back, but, if I had it my way, I'd cut Hill and use that money to overpay a FA center if one comes available.

Then again, there is the compensation pick factor.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - BFritz21 - 05-21-2017, 07:53 PM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - CJD - 05-22-2017, 08:28 AM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - J24 - 05-22-2017, 01:07 AM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - CJD - 05-22-2017, 08:17 AM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - McC - 05-22-2017, 03:45 PM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - CJD - 05-22-2017, 03:54 PM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - McC - 05-22-2017, 04:01 PM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - BFritz21 - 05-22-2017, 02:52 PM
RE: NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - McC - 05-22-2017, 03:48 PM
NFL Network- Bengals RB Touches - BenZoo2 - 05-22-2017, 04:06 PM