Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kids Protest thier own Graduation
(05-22-2017, 06:19 PM)Dill Wrote: Lol, the old "switched topics" ploy, made famous by Ann Coulter and Dinesh D'souza. I start talking about liberals and conservatives. You start talking about Republicans and Democrats "back then," as if there were some eternal correspondence between parties and party ideals, as if each party has always been wholly liberal or conservative.

To maintain that correspondence you have to say liberals supported segregation and conservatives fought to end it.  I don't think even you will go that far, but if you do I have the history ready for you.

Maybe you better explain what you think the "switched sides fallacy" is. I think it is only a "fallacy" in the bubble, and I think it refers to the post-1965 US, when Republicans began courting the segregation vote, the first major step in creating the reactionary, conservative  populist Republican party of today--a long ways from the party of progressives like Lincoln and T Roosevelt. For the last decade conservatives have been working overtime to prove what happened didn't. They have convinced a lot of other conservatives.

A generation of historians, sociologists and political scientists will be so alarmed to hear that ONE Democrat FAMILY never changed sides.

PS Also are you saying there is a political party somewhere which believes its policies and ideals aren't the right ones, the ones which should prevail in law and the courts? If not, then what are you on about?

No one switched topics. You just need to go back and read your entire post that I was replying too. Not just the arbitrary liberals moniker that you wish to assign to folks in the past because that is what you consider yourself today and want to associated yourself with the awesome folks of the past.

Save your history speech for someone who may buy it and believes Goldwater actually got a lot of support.  

I can imagine a couple decades in the future, when an enlightened society condemns us for killing our unborn. Some Democrat will say. Hey we were awesome back then too. We switched after that.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Kids Protest thier own Graduation - bfine32 - 05-22-2017, 07:46 PM