Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances?
(05-24-2017, 06:08 PM)McC Wrote: If a guy is being penalized for not winning a playoff game, the only thing that would counter it would be if the guy played well in the losses.  Without even looking, I gotta think very few Bengals have turned in stellar performances. 

To be fair, Geno didn't play in one and was still not himself yet in another.  AJ has missed two, if I remember right.  But has either turned in an all star performance in any of them?

AJ's 4 playoff games:

5-47-0
5-80-0
3-34-0
5-71-1

Geno's 4 playoff games:

4 tackles, 1 sack
3 tackles
3 tackles, 0.5 sacks
3 tackles, 1 sack

I'd say Geno has played surprisingly well. AJ Green's best games aren't even all that great. That can partially be blamed on passing game struggles, but AJ is part of that. If AJ were wide open all the time, I think the QB's probably would've fared better. Maybe the OC just isn't finding ways to help AJ? All that matters to your point though is that AJ Green hasn't produced big playoff numbers, while Geno has.

That said, going back to Cortez Kennedy, he had no stats in his only playoff game. His career is remarkably similar to Geno's. Even with the Pro Bowls and All-Pros. Plus he was even nicknamed "Tez". Geno's nickname is "Taz". Silly, I know, but the similarities are crazy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Geno Atkins and AJ Green HOF chances? - Shake n Blake - 05-24-2017, 06:26 PM