Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Different and Is It Enough?
(05-24-2017, 04:01 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Those that say offensive line is worse are assuming that Andre Smith, Og, and Fisher are static in their development and the line will not be as good or even worse.  

Maybe those fans are correct.  But I'm optimistic OG Smith and Fisher will all improve this year.  I also think that Mixon with his running style will help.  

The defense was already respectable.  This year with players like Burfict, WJ3, Billings, Lawson, Willis, and maybe a healthy Dennard will make the defense darn right scary.

Really like this, Doc. 

I will add that the line will be improved by simply having the likes of Ross, Core, and Malone on the field.  Defenses MUST account for that.  If both safeties are not playing back, they will get torched.  This helps the rushing attack and the line at the same time.  

Dalton threw for 4,250 yards and 7 INTs last season with a make-shift line and his best weapon for a few games was Brandon LaFell.  I can't wait to see what he can do this season.

Completely agree about the defense as well.  I think it is almost instantly a Top 5 unit with a healthy and motivated Burfict (yes, I think that much of him) but when you include guys like Billings, WJIII, Willis, Lawson, and Minter as replacing guys like Peko, Dansby, and Maualuga, this team got faster and stronger overnight. 

I honestly don't know what the so-called weakness of the defense would be right now.  On offense, the concern is generally the line or, more specifically, LT.  On defense, I just don't see it.  It was the NT position, LBs that were slow and old, and uncertainty about Dre.  Not this year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is Different and Is It Enough? - SHRacerX - 05-25-2017, 06:15 AM