Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is Different and Is It Enough?
(05-25-2017, 12:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We've lost our old on the field leaders on Offense and Defense. Perhaps Geno or Carlos step up and take the reins as they no longer have to defer to Peko. Perhaps Andre takes charge of the oline.

We got a new kicker. How many games has our kicker lost us over the past few years?

Losing Whit and Peko are big - especially Whit.   Peko was an emotional leader, but did not always make the best decisions (especially and inexplicably the infamous playoff game).  Still I think we have underestimated Peko's value - especially if he is in a deep rotation.   I don't think that apologists like Guenther, Lewis (who Cincinnati fans have grossly underestimated) and Zimmer sing his praises for no reason.  And I doubt Denver is going to sign him in free agency for no reason either.

But the big loss is Whit - both in terms of leadership, at which he truly excelled, and his top 5 anchoring of the blind side.  I'm hearing good things about Og in the underwear sessions, but Whit was a sure thing, even if he started a decline this year.

I think we'll be better off with any of the kickers we end up with.   I'm a Bullock fan really.   He's got a good leg, good accuracy and is a tough player who will put a lick on someone if he has to tackle - or at least not be a china doll injury risk.  And the Elliot guy's reliability for extra points and short field goals is appealing, as is his lightning quick leg motion.

I think we have a good chance to be a much better team this year.  The only fly in the ointment is whether our tackles (particularly Og) can show up - and stay healthy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Is Different and Is It Enough? - 3wt - 05-25-2017, 10:29 AM