Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-26-2017, 06:33 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: That's how I felt in 2005, and how I felt when I saw Carson rolling on the turf in agony. That was the one and only year I felt extremely confident the team was a contender. I've been kicked square in the nuts by this team several times since then. I couldn't bring myself to fully trust them even in 2015, and thank god I didn't. I half expected us to piss away that Pitt playoff game even after Burfict picked that pass off. I think I actually laughed it all off before during and after this final moments. It was the ultimate "OF F***ING COURSE!" moment in Bengal history.

But anyway, I'm with ya. Domination of epic proportions to to truly trust this team again. 

See, I never bought into the Bengals being Super Bowl contenders in '05.  I was thrilled that they were winning games, but thought that they were getting lucky too many times with the secondary coming up with all those interceptions.  I fully expected them to beat the Steelers that day, until Palmer went down, but didn't expect much more than the Wild Card win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread