Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-26-2017, 07:59 PM)Gbengalfan74 Wrote: I have to say I was pretty excited ! And was looking at it like who knows where we'll end up ? Super Bowl even ? But I get what you're saying.

I'll always believe we would have won that game had Palmer not went down. And I'll always believe, deep down in, they knew it to. Now how far would we have went after that ?????

Just another rung in the Bengals what ifs in the end though. Greg Cook, Bill Walsh/Tiger Johnson, Pete Johnson from the one 3x, Krumries ankle, Billups's dropped interception, one could go on.

That's something we'll all wonder about for the rest of our lives... But I'll always believe if the 2005 Steelers could win super bowl 40, so could the 2005 Bengals. With Palmer, I think we'd have beaten Pittsburgh. Just a gut feeling that lingers 11 years later. Then we would have faced playoff Peyton Manning as opposed to regular season Peyton Manning. I'm sure many roll their eyes but I honestly believe we could have won that game. Then, of course, the monumental collapse (and essentially the career ender of Jake Plummer) of the Broncos in Denver. They couldn't have beaten the 2016 Brown's that day. We play that choke job Bronco team, we undoubtedly win with a healthy Carson. 

The Super Bowl against Seattle? Well... That's where we would have lost. That game was gift wrapped for Pittsburgh to win before the coin toss. By far the most biased, unfairly called super bowl of all time. Seattle completely outplayed them but the refs just wouldn't let the almighty steeler franchise with their overrated fatass RB lose in his final game. There's no way in hell we'd get the same favoritism. If Seattle would have played that same game in the same way against us, I think we would have lost a hard-fought game (with Carson finishing with a much better QBR than Ben did... What was it, a shade above 45??)
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread