Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-26-2017, 06:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Good reminders of a tale of 2 seasons. In 2016, we had issues out of the gate with some key guys like Burfict and others. In 2015, we started 8-0 and then our QB breaks his thumb and we still managed to get to the playoffs, we were still in a position to beat the Steelers, but lost. Why? We had a very good complete roster on both sides of the ball and ST.

Our roster was extremely talented 2 years ago, yet 2 years later guys I respect like Gil Brandt say we are not a top 10 talent team this year. That is fair, but my guess a year ago many also thought the Falcons were not top 10. What happened? They added a few key pieces with Sanu and Mack in FA, but they also had 3 or 4 guys from the 2014 draft step up and become starters, quality starters. I am hoping we see the same thing from our 2015 and 2016 draft class, guys stepping up. If so, it could be a very fun team as 2 of those guys are projected starters at LT and RT and the scary OL concerns we share.

All very good points, but everyone here is missing the biggest addition by subtraction of all...

NO MORE MIKE NUGENT!!  Cool

It's debatable exactly how many games Nugent cost us last year, but I'm confident we would have beaten Washington with a semi-competent kicker. There's a few more that could arguably fall on Nugent but that game in London sticks out most to me.   
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye - Pat5775 - 05-27-2017, 01:34 AM