Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If only there had been more good guys with guns
(05-27-2017, 11:19 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Fair enough. 

There are plenty of "good guy with a gun" stories if you care to look for them.  Anytime an intended victim is not victimized because they are armed you have a "good guy with a gun" scenario.  To pretend the scenario does not exist, in fact to use the word myth as you did, is the height of ignorance.

Do tell. I do care to look for those stories. What I generally find is stories like the one in the OP. Now, some would claim that is just another MSM conspiracy, and you know, maybe it is.

But when the biggest gun promoting lobby in America - the NRA - can never provide convincing data but only the myth of the good guy with a gun, and all the data I see and all the stories I read are more reflective of the one in the OP, I am left to believe that believing the myth is the height of ignorance.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If only there had been more good guys with guns - xxlt - 05-27-2017, 11:43 AM