Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If only there had been more good guys with guns
(05-27-2017, 12:08 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Here's a, albeit limited, compilation of defensive gun uses tracked by the website The Truth About Guns.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/?s=defensive+gun+use

Thanks. Of course, that isn't the truth about guns. It is part of the truth. I thank you for sharing it, and I am glad that the tenders of that site tell that part of the truth.

Here is the rest of the truth: http://smartgunlaws.org/gun-deaths-and-injuries-statistics/

Again, to be clear, even though the website is called "smart gun laws" I am not arguing for legislative remedies, repealing the 2nd amendment, or confiscating guns. I am arguing for math. Math like guns kill more people in the US every two years on average than were killed during the entire Vietnam War. Maybe they save that many too, or ten times that many, I just don't think that is the case.

More than 3 deaths an hour via homicide, suicide, or unintentional shooting seems like a lot to me. And it seems avoidable, particularly since this is not a problem in the vast majority of the rest of the world. Now, maybe the rest of the world is just full of better people, and because Americans are such a-holes we are stuck with 3 (or more) dying per hour here for all time because we are terrible. I would rather not believe that. I am not sure we are superior, but I hope we aren't inferior to citizens around the globe. We should be able to solve this problem.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If only there had been more good guys with guns - xxlt - 05-27-2017, 03:12 PM