Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The drafting of Mixon/Ross/Malone will extend the career length of A.J. Green
(05-27-2017, 04:38 PM)Derrick Wrote: If the OC and other "coaches" including Marvy ever figure out how to best use the talent they have amassed. So far they haven't learned much. I sincerely hope these additions allow AJ's career continue for a long time -- in Cincinnati of course! ThumbsUp

It seemed to me that Hue had it down pretty well, as Marvin Jones was being fully utilized in taking advantage of the matchups provided by teams rolling coverage to AJ.  

Here is what I mean, and remember the last five games of the season were with AJM as QB:

2015 WR Yardage Totals:

AJ Green-    1297
Marvin Jones- 816
Eifert-           615
Gio-              472
Sanu-           394

Total           3694 yards

That was just those five players.  

I think if taking full advantage of the matchups provided by team's desire to take away (or at least try to limit) AJ Green, we could see Ross have a similar year to MLJ, Eifert have at least that many yards, Gio's numbers may decline due to health early, but Mixon will likely take them to the next level.  Boyd could easily outperform Sanu's total from that season.

Factor this with the steady veteran Lafell, likely rotating in at both X and slot, Uzomah, Core, and Malone all getting some targets, and it looks like a more explosive offense than we had in 2015.  

I keep discussing the strength of the offense, with all its weaponry, but another point is that with a better defense, the offense will be getting the ball more often.  An improved pass rush could force INTs, and maybe some fumbles.  A healthy Burfict and faster LB crew will stop more third and middle attempts and force the opponent in to a punt.  

All of this adds up to more drives for the offense. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: The drafting of Mixon/Ross/Malone will extend the career length of A.J. Green - SHRacerX - 05-28-2017, 09:57 AM