Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If only there had been more good guys with guns
(05-27-2017, 06:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sure, be responsible with the lethal tool you purchased or allowed someone to use.  

No, never been a fan of the "war on drugs".  Personally, I think outside of heroin and methamphetamine most drugs should be legal for purchase by those over 21.  You will run into issues such as being able to test for people under the influence who are driving and the penalties for providing an underage person with marijuana or cocaine should be significantly more severe than the current punishment for doing so with alcohol.  I won't even get into how the black market for drugs fuels organized crime, which is obviously a huge problem.  BTW, the exact same thing would happen with firearms if they were made illegal, or quasi-illegal as many are in California.  Prohibition does not generally work and merely creates a criminal market for the prohibited item.

I'm very consistent in this regard, I'm not a fan of the government telling adults what they can and cannot do if it does not cause harm to someone else.

But that's the point - people aren't responsible and the consequences for being reckless with a firearm are pretty minimal. Would you support stronger penalties for people who handled their firearm tools irresponsibly?

Agree on prohibition.

Do you think the current hoops an adult has to jump through to buy a gun or get a concealed carry permit are adequate?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If only there had been more good guys with guns - xxlt - 05-28-2017, 02:15 PM