Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-26-2017, 07:04 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: See, I never bought into the Bengals being Super Bowl contenders in '05.  I was thrilled that they were winning games, but thought that they were getting lucky too many times with the secondary coming up with all those interceptions.  I fully expected them to beat the Steelers that day, until Palmer went down, but didn't expect much more than the Wild Card win.

Wow.  That surprises me to hear.  I thought that they exercised the steeler demon in that game toward the end of the season in pitt, and beating them in the playoffs would have sent the Bengals on a run.  Indy would have been tough, but if memory serves, they would have had to play the Bengals in Cincy.  And Manning was still being somewhat of an enigma in the postseason. 

I was sure 2005 was the Bengals chance to win it all.  

As for the OP, I see 5-0 or 4-1 at worst.  Not having something stupid like consecutive road games to start the season is huge.  Locally, I think the city will really rally behind the team.  I won't make bold predictions about game attendance, as it is just too easy to watch at home and still love the games, but I think there will be a lot of excitement.

On a National level, be prepared for this kind of crap:  "The Ravens have been down for a while now, and they got the Texans early before their QBs could really be ready.  The Browns and Bills suck, so I will give Cincy credit when the beat a team like New England or pittsburgh".  And that is just fine with me.  

In the words of the immortal Lou Brown:  "I'd like to hang around and see if we can give them all a nice shitburger to eat". 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread