Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-27-2017, 11:21 PM)samhain Wrote: I expect another year of suffering due to poor o-line play and the time it will take for young pieces on defense to get up to speed.  Thinking about Billings, Vigil, Jackson, here.

That said, I think this team will be loaded and ready to rock in 2018.

After last year, and the 'off-season' moves, it's beyond me how anyone could expect much, especially in the first half of the season. Real time game snaps will build confidence in the Rookies and separate the achievers from the paper tigers. 

(05-29-2017, 09:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I admire your optimism, but 5-0 ?

I know everybody is hyped, all these shiny new weapons, AJ healthy blah, blah. But it's gonna all come down to the O-line ! And we're asking what we had last season minus it's two best players to do an epic turn around with the addition of an oft injured guy we didn't want a couple seasons ago.

I refuse to buy into the pre-season hype until I see if the O-line can block or not. I don't care if we have half a dozen WR's running 4.2 forties. If andy is pulling his face mask out of the mud 1.8 seconds into the play it's not gonna matter.

In a large way, these kids wouldn't be here if they didn't possess the talent and physicality to do the job. This is the year the onus is squarely on the backs of all coaches, given the 'opportunity' the front office has given them to prove their expertise. If this staff hasn't addressed every single deficiency of last year, this should be their last year.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread