Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gender studies hoax exposes leftist ideologies
(05-26-2017, 10:37 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: I know, and that is the focus of those that did this. However, there is a large swath of people that will ignore the fact that these sorts of journals do not represent the the research journals that are truly respected in the different fields. They will use this to attack all social sciences or all of academia while ignoring that this is like using ITT Tech, DeVry, or Capella to attack Stanford, or UMass, or UGA.

Well said. The "hoax" was not so much about pay for publish as it was an attempt to de-legitimize gender studies.

They sent it first to a legitimate journal which rejected it. That journal's automatic reply suggested they try Cogent social sciences--an odd title if you ask me.

They claim "misuse" of scientific terms without really examining examples. Creating a parody can be funny, but is finally not an argument and not scientific.

By the way, the authors don't mind trading on the difference between penis a symbolic concept and penis as an actual, organic appendage.

I think this Slate article get is right. They also point out that hard science journals are hoaxed too and no one calls science a hoax.

Phallic Anxiety (Probably!) Drives Male Academics to Execute Lame Hoax About Gender Studies
http://www.slate.com/blogs/xx_factor/2017/05/25/the_conceptual_penis_hoax_is_more_evidence_of_male_academics_weird_anxiety.html
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gender studies hoax exposes leftist ideologies - Dill - 05-29-2017, 11:10 PM