Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Projected Vibe in the City & Nationally after Week 5 going into the Bye
(05-29-2017, 09:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I admire your optimism, but 5-0 ?

I know everybody is hyped, all these shiny new weapons, AJ healthy blah, blah. But it's gonna all come down to the O-line ! And we're asking what we had last season minus it's two best players to do an epic turn around with the addition of an oft injured guy we didn't want a couple seasons ago.

I refuse to buy into the pre-season hype until I see if the O-line can block or not. I don't care if we have half a dozen WR's running 4.2 forties. If andy is pulling his face mask out of the mud 1.8 seconds into the play it's not gonna matter.

I know, but isn't it really 3-0?  Would the Bengals lose to the Browns or Bills?  Sure, it could happen, but I see it as highly unlikely.

They finally open at home, and they are a much better team than Baltimore.  Where will the offense come from for the Ravens?  Has their secondary been improved?  It doesn't really look like it.

The Texans will be led by Tom Savage or a rookie QB.  That doesn't bode well for them.  The Texans have a great defense, but at home and with the Texans losing their best CB (Bouye) I don't see them as better than the Bengals.  

The Packers on the road will undoubtedly be their biggest challenge, but if there has been any team that is kryptonite to Aaron Rogers, it is the Bengals defense.  I also think the Packers will have difficulty stopping the Bengals offense.  

To be fair, I did say 5-0 or 4-1...but I think they have a very good chance of being 5-0.  Maybe my belief is based more out of a lack of respect for the Ravens and Texans than it is that the Bengals should just maul every other team.  The Packers game will be a really good test, albeit they will be coming off a short week, which is always a challenge especially early in the season.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread