Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If only there had been more good guys with guns
(05-29-2017, 07:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If you negligently kill someone with a firearm you're going to face negligent homicide, or involuntary manslaughter charges.  That's rather severe.  You get more of a slap on the wrist if you kill someone driving your car irresponsibly.

I'm honestly glad to hear it.

Depends on the state.  CA is the poster child for going way too far.  Utah may be too permissive.  However, given the choice I'm better with less restrictions on a law abiding citizen's rights than the opposite.  Ironically, the CA state legislature is proposing to reduce the prison sentence for crimes committed with a firearm, while at the same time they've criminalized regular law abiding gun owners.  Doesn't make much sense does it?

http://www.latimes.com/politics/essential/la-pol-ca-essential-politics-updates-california-senate-supports-lifting-1495128128-htmlstory.html

Mandatory minimums are generally a bad idea. So, eliminating the 10 year automatic enhancement and/or giving judicial discretion to enhance a sentence seems like a positive step to me. I missed the part where they are criminalizing regular gun owners.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If only there had been more good guys with guns - xxlt - 05-30-2017, 09:06 AM