Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Bengals Have Done Right Last 4 Seasons
(08-05-2015, 11:43 AM)xavierdude Wrote: team is not moving forward when they cant win a single game in the playoffs

I think that is silly.  The 2011 team rebuilding was amazing just to be in the play-offs. Pretty much the same in 2012.....Now at home in 2013, that loss hurt.....but last year, all the injuries, we had no chance at Indy.....The home game in 2013 season was the one that hurt......but only Bengals, Broncos, Patriots and Packers have been in the last 4 play-offs, so that is elite company.  The Bengals are winning in THE JUNGLE again the last 2 years, 13-2-1

Yes, I want a play-off win also, but please don't tell me the teams is awful because of the play-off losses. OK, the one home loss I agree was a bad loss, not the rebuilding team on the road as a Wild Card in 2011 or 2012, not the everybody injured wild card team limping into Indy. ...No Bengal quarterback has ever won a play-off game in his first 4 years. ....Our play-off wins are coming. ......The 4 straight play-off seasons is something this franchise has never came close to doing before. I call that an improvement.....This franchise went 14 seasons without a play-off season, now that stunk to high heaven. Coach Lewis came in and has removed the label BUNGLES and we are again the Bengals, having 6 play-off seasons in 12 years, which is 50 %.......The team was bad in 2002, just awful, the rebuilding hard, some players didn't work out, some sad injuries, but 4 straight winning seasons has to show the tide has turned, the ship going in the right direction. YES, lets get those play-off wins now that the ship is on course after 14 losing seasons before Coach Lewis came here. We have a QB who really has put up good first 4 years in the NFL numbers, and has the best regular season winning % of any Bengal QB ever. We have an awesome D Line and a good secondary. We have AJ Green and some other talent catching balls and Hill and Gio and a stable of good RB's and a big O Line that can block. We have top talent at kicker and punter. Again, I love that D Line with MJ and Sims back. ......Some only point to the play-off losses, only one of which I think we should have won....Myself, I see a lot to be pumped up and excited about going into 2015.

I'll go as far as to say that I look for Dalton who has had a very good first 4 years in the NFL, to take his game to the higher level as Ken Anderson did. One year, Ken Anderson just matured, it was all there, he was reading the defenses, impossible to defend....and someday it's all going to be second nature to Dalton, he will just read the defenses, it will just be there from experience. I don't see him as a Peyton Manning or Johnny Unitas, but more of a Bart Starr or Len Dawson type. That is fine by me, because that type can win a lot of games also. Hey, Terry Bradshaw struggled early in his career, benched, almost replaced. The time comes with NFL quarterbacks to where it just clicks, they are there, and Dalton who has been very good, I just think he will take his game to the higher level soon. After 68 straight starts, he will read these defenses quick and fast, and then....watch out, Here come the Bengals. Much like a person new to a job and at first it is hard, and after years you can almost do it in your sleep. 68 straight starts of reps, the repetition, I look for the job to soon come even easier to him.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: What Bengals Have Done Right Last 4 Seasons - kevin - 08-05-2015, 12:05 PM