Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell asked Chad Johnson for advice on new celebration rules
(05-30-2017, 01:44 PM)PV Bengal Wrote: IMHO, all "celebrations" are clown shows 'cause they are all about "look at me".
Then why were celebrations with more than one person banned?  Players haven't even been able to come out and chest-bump or give a high-five in recent years.  That definitely made it a "look at me" thing, but they also took away all the fun things, so it was all lame.

Celebrations make the entire team happy and just make it more fun for fans to watch.

Even if they are "look at me" acts, we, the fans, are paying them millions of dollars to play a game, but then turn around and say "you can't have fun with it or celebrate it like it's a game"?

That makes no sense.
(05-30-2017, 02:50 PM)jason Wrote: Yes. Sadly Chad is about as well known for celebrating as he is for being an elite WR in his day.
He celebrated because he was an elite receiver and there's nothing wrong with celebrating your play with entertainment and celebrations.

You're actually making a case FOR celebrating because you shouldn't celebrate if you can't back it up! 
(05-30-2017, 03:06 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So when the whole team comes running down the field high-fiving/clapping, does that not count? 

EXACTLY!

Make the game fun again and build unity!  The game was getting so isolated when you couldn't celebrate together and then interviews were only for the stars!

Make it a team game again by allowing everyone to play it and celebrate it like the GAME THAT IT IS!
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell asked Chad Johnson for advice on new celebration rules - BFritz21 - 05-30-2017, 06:00 PM