Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
If only there had been more good guys with guns
(05-31-2017, 12:06 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You are absolutely arguing for legislative remedies.  If not, then what are you arguing for?

Around 2/3'rds of gun related deaths are suicides.  Japan and Korea, both of which have insanely strict gun laws, have a much higher suicide rate.  Clearly guns are not needed to have a high suicide rate.  Including suicides in gun "violence" statistics is disingenuous in the extreme.

I think you meant the vast majority of the western world, because otherwise your statement would be false.  Of course no other western country has the right to own a firearm enshrined in their founding document.  Problematic isn't it?

Stop being disingenuous and state what you want.  Do you want guns to be outlawed?  Do you want guns confiscated?  Be honest with what you want that you think will fix this problem.

There's clearly no point in discussing this further with you. As you indicated in this post and post 49, your psychic powers have already told you everything you need to know about me. You've essentially called me a liar and an idiot, while stating my "real" positions since you know the "real" truth about all of "us." And again, you're the guy who cries about being painted with a broad brush. Charming.

I now realize extending this discussion with you has only served to keep you from worshiping at the gun altar for a few extra minutes each day and cut you to the core because someone has dared to tug at the curtain concealing the men who promote the big lie about guns. For this I apologize. And you know what, it is clear to me that you belong at that altar like an eagle belongs on a dollar. Pay no attention to the men behind the curtain. And pay no attention to me, or to anyone else. You know what all of "us" are really up to! I won't distract you from the altar again. Fire away.

[Image: yosemite-sam-2.jpg]
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.

Messages In This Thread
RE: If only there had been more good guys with guns - xxlt - 05-31-2017, 10:26 AM