Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell asked Chad Johnson for advice on new celebration rules
(05-31-2017, 12:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So do you think Chad was skipping film study to plot celebrations? Players aren't robots and have plenty of down time for such things, so I'm not sure why people act like a 10 second celebration (that he probably thought about for 10 minutes all week) was somehow taking his focus off of practice/plays etc. He's said in interviews that he constantly called Marv and Brat at all hours of the day and night to discuss plays and the gameplan. I don't doubt his dedication or focus at all.

If he was giving half effort in anything, he wouldn't have been able to get in the end zone all those times to celebrate in the first place.

10 minutes spent on his celebration was too much IMO - has nothing to do with the amount of time but the focus.  I'm not a No Fun League (NFL) person but it got old.  Again, my opinion but Chad became a self appointed entertainer more than a football player.  He was always creating some gimmick to bring attention his way.  Eventually it got really bad when he helped convince the organization to bring in Terrell Owens.  At that point we had 2 clowns on the roster and the wheels feel completely off.  That's why at the end of the 2010 season both Carson and Marvin had seen enough.  It was no longer a professional organization.  Like it or not Chad was the genesis point of that downfall.

A great player/talent but a terrible example for teammates.  Compare him to AJ and you get the complete opposite.  Guarantee Chad would have had an even better career had he devoted his idle time to football rather than entertainment and McDonald's cheeseburgers.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Goodell asked Chad Johnson for advice on new celebration rules - Daddy-O - 05-31-2017, 02:48 PM