Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont
(06-03-2017, 01:22 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Why do fans care so much about an indoor practice facility lol you're not the ones practicing in cold weather. If he doesn't think it'll make the team better than who can blame him for not spending the money on it? Maybe practicing outside helps prepare a team for games, maybe it hurts them, maybe it has next to no effect on them other than being cold for a few weeks a year? I'd bet the last one is correct, so who cares?

And I'd also like to point out that just because he owns a team worth an estimated $1+ billion dollars does not mean he has, does have, or ever will have a billion dollars to go blow on whatever he fancies. Now yes he's rich and could certainly afford to build it, but I don't think he's nearly as liquid as some people act like he is.

It's not about him thinking that the players are better prepared practicing in the cold weather because the team does practice indoors sometimes in the winter, but it's just about him being cheap.  

Also, it's not just about the cold because it's not uncommon for temperatures to reach 90 degrees in July and not uncommon to get even hotter, which playing in the heat can have an impact on players, too.

And we're not talking about just blowing it on whatever he wants, but rather we're talking about spending it to improve his product.  The indoor practice facility would likely come with training/rehab equipment and other things to make the team on-par with other franchises.

Spending money would only improve the product and let fans know that he's committed to putting the best product on the field, which would only increase interest and bring in more money, which would make him more money than he spent.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont - BFritz21 - 06-03-2017, 02:54 PM