Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another London Terrorist Attack
(06-04-2017, 11:42 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Sadly, the unifying theme behind violence seems to be having a penis and lacking education.

Of course, violent crime being committed, overwhelmingly, by men is nothing new.  Or maybe the criminal justice system is horribly sexist and biased towards me, which is why so many more men than women are incarcerated.  As to the education portion, agreed, to a point.  It's almost like these guys belong to some group that reject western style education.  This, however, doesn't stop highly educated people from joining this group and participating.  Curious.

Quote:I know it was, but that completely ignores the fact that a lot of uneducated people with penises in our very own country kill people.  He said "unifying theme."  You can toss "belief in a higher power" in there too if you want to include a large number of our incarcerated population as well as those radial Muslim guys.

You'll get no argument from me on the danger of religious justification for actions that would otherwise be unacceptable to anyone.  You'll also get no argument from me about the dangers of gang related violence on our own country.  I will, however, offer a counterpoint, or rather a point you can mull over if you like.  Why did the occupation of Germany and Japan after WW2 go so well?  Why no mass subversion or guerrilla warfare/terrorism? 

Quote:Sorry, are these themes too "unifying" for you?

Not at all.  I'll happily stand with anyone who denounces this violence.  I do have a slight caveat.  You should denounce the violence, but you should also denounce the reasoning behind it.  Come straight out and say it's acceptable/allowed in Western society to draw Muhammed, call Muhammed a pig, crap on or burn a Quran, mock tenants of the islamic faith, simply be a woman who doesn't want to submit to men or be a homosexual.  Couple what with a firm statement of, "If we want to live here we have to accept that our values may differ from this nation", and I'm right there with you.

Messages In This Thread
Another London Terrorist Attack - GMDino - 06-04-2017, 05:38 PM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Vlad - 06-04-2017, 11:04 PM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Vlad - 06-05-2017, 12:46 AM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Vlad - 06-05-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Vlad - 06-05-2017, 11:51 AM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Dill - 06-05-2017, 08:04 PM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Vlad - 06-05-2017, 10:16 PM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Sociopathicsteelerfan - 06-05-2017, 11:05 AM
RE: Another London Terrorist Attack - Dill - 06-05-2017, 07:37 PM