Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont
(06-06-2017, 09:14 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I get where you are coming from. I even mentioned the Steelers too about how they share a facility with the Pitt Panthers. However, the difference is the Steelers name is on the side and they own (part of) the facility. Whereas the Bengals are borrowing someone else's facility. It's about perception. The Bengals are perceived as being cheap because they don't own at least a share of an indoor practice facility.

Perhaps the Bengals should pounce at this opportunity to partner with FC Cincinnati and share the costs. That way, it looks like the Bengals are both not being as cheap as before and also looking to assist a new up-and-coming professional sports team in succeeding in Cincinnati.

It's partly about perception, but the reality is that the Steelers aren't sharing anything outside of a roof. It's already been stated many times, but the Steelers have their own field, weight room, offices, and even library and cafeteria in that facility. Meanwhile, the Bengals have to get UC's permission and hope they don't need it for anything. Then if they get everything arranged and get permission, they'd have to load 53 players + coaches on busses and make the 6 mile round trip. If they need to work out, they have to be back at PBS at a certain time to squeeze that in, as they don't have an NFL weight facility at UC.

(06-06-2017, 11:53 AM)sandwedge Wrote: $5 million? That would would probably pay for breaking the ground and getting utilities buried. The field itself would cost that much. Not picking on you SHRacerX. You're looking at probably closer to $35-$40 million.

UC's bubble had a cost of $15.5 million:

http://magazine.uc.edu/editors_picks/recent_features/practicefields.html

Not that it's much to Mike Brown, who spent a whopping $200 million buying up the remaining shares in the Bengals back in 2011.

http://www.wlwt.com/article/brown-family-to-buy-remaining-stake-in-bengals/3518961

Quote:"It's $200 million they are paying for 30 percent of the franchise, and they are paying for it out of cash reserves," said Steve Watkins, of the Business Courier. "It shows you how profitable the franchise has been over the years."

"Because the Bengals have over the years saved money and used a big portion to buy back shares from minority owners, and that's done now, they could take that future cash and could pump some of it back into the team," Watkins said.

(06-06-2017, 01:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm just not willing to hand out sympathy pills for young millionaires getting paid way too much to be out in the cold to practice playing a kids game. 

And just when you thought that football couldn't get any more pussified.. lol

This is not about sympathy, it's about wanting your team to have every advantage afforded to them that is afforded to the rest of the league.

I don't see Whitworth and AJ Green as pussified, and I showed where they complained and/or said it was a disadvantage.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont - Shake n Blake - 06-06-2017, 02:23 PM