Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Well My Countdown until Football Season Start Thread
(06-06-2017, 09:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: When they were at Wilmington, I would go 10 times a season.  It was only about 35 minutes from home, and you had great access to players.  Even Sam Wyche would hold court sometimes with a group of fans after practice.  It was a great drive, and I would put the top down, pack a cooler, pick up my girl friend and we were off for some cheap entertainment.  Man, those were good times.  
Yeah, Wilmington was old school training camp.  The stories of the non-air-conditioned rooms were legendary and the fields were, well, fields not turf.   

Sam  was such a customer service head coach.   He loved showing off his players and his poindexter  genius schemes.  His practices were not as scripted and concise as Marvins, but they were full of hitting, and the coaches were very vocal.   It was fascinating for me.   I loved Georgetown too, but Wilmington was mystical.  Sort of a combination of NFL films, Field of Dreams and Cool Hand Luke.

Just not the same as the slick version of camp now.  Not that I don't like what we do.  It just has lost the mystique.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Well My Countdown until Football Season Start Thread - 3wt - 06-06-2017, 02:46 PM