Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont
(06-06-2017, 01:06 PM)grampahol Wrote: I dunno and furthermore I duncare.. (Why yes! I DID invent a new word on the spot and thanks for asking) 
Like many of you I too have had to do hard work out in the freezing cold and I did it for a hell of a lot less money than any player to ever wear stripes. I worked hanging billboards (sometimes 60 feet up) back in the late 70s (think blizzard of 77) when it was done with paste and lots of water and the temperature was south of zero most days. 
I'm just not willing to hand out sympathy pills for young millionaires getting paid way too much to be out in the cold to practice playing a kids game.  (ok, perhaps a mans game, but it's still just a game) 
If I could stand on a 2 foot ledge soaking wet in zero weather with 30mph winds then football players can run around catching balls and tackling each other in better conditions. 
And by the way, sometimes those billboards had electrical shorts and the entire steel backing became electrified.. That's always fun when you're soaking wet.. Needless to say that is not a profession for the faint of heart.. 
And just when you thought that football couldn't get any more pussified.. lol

NFL players have a very specialized skill set that is very valuable. Treating them like run of the mill laborers is bad business.  You may as well ask the CEO of a major company to take an hour out of his day to empty all the trash cans in the building, lest he get the idea that he's better than everyone else there.

You can't compare yourself, your value, and your work experiences to those of an NFL player.  Sorry, but the truth hurts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: FC Cincinnati is building a practice facility but the Bengals still wont - Nately120 - 06-06-2017, 06:20 PM