Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
PP 3% Abortion services number is deceptive
(08-05-2015, 07:24 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: It's the services a pregnant woman would use . So they don't get cancer screenings, etc. 93.78% of pregnant women end up with an abortion. I believe thats where that number comes. I will take a hard look a little later

That's what the video is saying, and using the same line items I used (just from 2012-2013 instead of my 2013-2014 numbers). I mean, totaling up abortions, adoptive referrals, and prenatal services, which would be all of the services a pregnant woman would go to PP for, abortion makes up about 94% of those. However, those services in total still only make up 3.29% of the overall services performed.

The video is, as onemoreintothejimbreech pointed out, carrying out the misdirection that they are claiming of Planned Parenthood. PP doesn't state that most pregnant women don't get abortions that come to them, they say abortions only make up 3% of the services performed, which is accurate. This pro-life organization's video says that about 94% of pregnant women going to PP get an abortion, also accurate. Both are using their words selectively in order to make their stance more appealing.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR

Messages In This Thread
RE: PP 3% Abortion services number is deceptive - Belsnickel - 08-05-2015, 07:46 PM