Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-07-2017, 04:37 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He's not involved so you can't just claim he was trying to protect himself.  There is no Quid pro quo, demand,  nor any coercion here.  He is in fact in charge of the FBI, and has every right to comment on their investigations, and one as benign as this is no evidence of anything.

Interference is interference (though it appears he stopped short of going that far).  There's no line or criteria that makes it ok for the POTUS to comment or direct an FBI investigation....and for good reason.

I hope everything is made public at some point.  I'm especially concerned to learn how and why a number of Trump associates became subjects in a counter-intelligence investigation.  I'm afraid we may never know because the intel will remain classified. 

Transition teams, certainly, but even campaigns have contacts and interactions with foreign governments - so how was it determined there was too frequent contact and/or inappropriate contact?  If we find out that Dossier was the justification to initiate surveillance, then Act II of this debacle is going to be one heck of a show.
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - JustWinBaby - 06-07-2017, 05:05 PM