Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Why the Bengals will win the AFCN
(06-08-2017, 12:14 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know everyone is questioning the O Line and for good reason since the Bengals let their two best O Linemen walk. But looking deeper, the Bengals really didn't try very hard to bring them back either, so there's that and the Bengals, I believe, think that Fisher and Ogbuhei will be as good if not better than those who went to other teams.

Then, throw in this Draft that the Bengals just had on O and D, the pickup of Minter plus losing the slow and old Maualuga and Peko and Billings from last years draft, a new kicker and that CB from last years draft. The Bengals are going to be pretty good.

Now let's look at the rest of the AFCN.

The Browns are the Browns and will always be the Browns although they will be better but I don't see them ever being good enough to win the AFCN...not in the next ten years anyway.

The Ravens aren't the same and will be just good enough for a few years to stay right around .500. They will be good again once Flacco retires and they can focus on a new QB and system.

The Steelers will only be good as long as Rothlisberger can stay healthy and I do not see him playing more than six games this year. He's getting old and takes too many chances leaving him open for big hits.

Just my opinion.

The Browns will be better, no question, especially with the emphasis they have placed on their offensive line.  The Ravens have been taking some lumps on the injury front on a team that is already paper-thin in terms of depth.  The AFC North is a two-team race, between pitt and the Bengals.  I think our defense was upgraded more than theirs in the offseason, but they still have to prove it this upcoming season.

For the Bengals this upcoming season, I am actually most excited about the offense.  Not just because of the additions of Ross and Mixon, but the contract-year status of guys like Hill and Eifert.  Even if I don't see Hill as being here in the future, he could be a huge impact if he performs well in his contract year.  

I know most of the concern lies at the feet of Ogbuehi, but I honestly believe he will have a solid season.  Not only will he complete his first camp without injury, but the team will have more healthy TEs that will allow them to go with two TE sets that could help him out, as well as the vertical threat of Ross, Core, and perhaps Malone drawing safeties off the line.  

The Bengal's are absolutely loaded on offense, and for whatever reason, no one (outside of here) seems to notice.  Good.  I think they play better when less is expected of them.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why the Bengals will win the AFCN - SHRacerX - 06-08-2017, 09:18 AM