Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
Understand that all Trump cares about is the "Trump" brand.

That's why he kept emphasizing to Comey that "HE" didn't do anything wrong...and the "HE" is under investigation.

From Comey's statement:

Quote:March 30 Phone Call
On the morning of March 30, the President called me at the FBI. He described the Russia investigation as “a cloud” that was impairing his ability to act on behalf of the country. He said he had nothing to do with Russia, had not been involved with hookers in Russia, and had always assumed he was being recorded when in Russia. He asked what we could do to “lift the cloud.” I responded that we were investigating the matter as quickly as we could, and that there would be great benefit, if we didn’t find anything, to our having done the work well. He agreed, but then re-emphasized the problems this was causing him.

Then the President asked why there had been a congressional hearing about Russia the previous week – at which I had, as the Department of Justice directed, confirmed the investigation into possible coordination between Russia and the Trump campaign. I explained the demands from the leadership of both parties in Congress for more information, and that Senator Grassley had even held up the confirmation of the Deputy Attorney General until we briefed him in detail on the investigation. I explained that we had briefed the leadership of Congress on exactly which individuals we were investigating and that we had told those Congressional leaders that we were not personally investigating President Trump.

I reminded him I had previously told him that. He repeatedly told me, “We need to get that fact out.”
(I did not tell the President that the FBI and the Department of Justice had been reluctant to make public statements that we did not have an open case on President Trump for a number of reasons, most importantly because it would create a duty to correct, should that change.)

The President went on to say that if there were some “satellite” associates of his who did something wrong, it would be good to find that out, but that he hadn’t done anything wrong and hoped I would find a way to get it out that we weren’t investigating him.

The POTUS doesn't really care if associates were doing anything wrong or illegal...he just wants to make sure his good name is cleared so his kids can continue to sell it while he is still in office he can sell it when he gets out of office.

AND he believes that the investigation, created to due to his incompetence when it has come to hiring people and refusal to listen to outsiders who were telling him about people like Flynn, is what is keeping him from being a good President.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - GMDino - 06-08-2017, 09:53 AM