Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-08-2017, 04:11 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: My thoughts:

1) I like Comey as a person and professional. How he has carried himself since the Hillary email thing has been mostly exemplary, in my opinion, and makes me think that he handled that situation well as well (he wasn't on my radar, so to speak, before that).

2) I don't see that Donald Trump has done anything illegal or impeachment worthy regarding this. Naive and stupid, yes. Illegal, no. It does appear that he made exaggerations abut the conversation he and Comey had. But Trump wasn't under oath, so that is not necessarily illegal.  

3) This whole hearing has been over-hyped. I attribute it to the love-hate relationship between Trump and the media. That said, the hearing was interesting. I suppose that is one way to get people interested in government affairs again (maybe not the best).

The best thing to come out of all this will be the end.  One way or the other.  

Would I like to see Trump under oath? Pffft.  That would be high comedy!  But since that will never happen we'll just have the GOP say there's nothing to see here no matter what happens or is said so let's just get the thing over with.

What sticks out, to me, is that the head of the FBI said he figured Trump might lie about their meeting so he started making notes.  Even though he never thought that about a previous POTUS.  How sad that the man elected to the office had such a personality flaw that that that thought even crossed the FBI Director's mind?  

And that no one in the this hearing even questioned it?

(06-08-2017, 04:32 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Never stop reaching for your dreams.  Dershowitz completely disagrees with you, and while he is not the end all of law, he's pretty good at it.

Oh no doubt he's good.

[Image: simpson.jpg]

Not my dream however.  Pence is more of nightmare because he can speak and form a thought...words and thoughts that echo his belief that we should have biblical laws.

I'm merely pointing out that just because it is "legal" that doesn't mean we just smile and it goes away.  History has proven otherwise.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - GMDino - 06-08-2017, 04:37 PM