Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-08-2017, 07:01 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yes, amendments are made if the omissions are deemed oversights instead of intentional attempts to mislead, and they don't prosecute for lying on the form very often. But people have been denied their clearances for far less, and Kushner's lawyer referred to it as an error, not something he had intended to amend.

He informed the FBI the very next day he would be submitting supplemental information, so characterizing it as "lying" wouldn't seem to be an accurate or fair representation. 

Isn't an error something that would be corrected, while an omission or attempt to mislead is something that was not corrected voluntarily?  Supplementing or correcting an error definitely means to amend, or could be something more substantive.

It doesn't sound to me like the submission in its entirety was reviewed and found lacking or incomplete.  So I'm not sure this is an open issue, although it appears Kushner being linked to the investigation is what has led to calls to revoke his clearance. And in that respect, the answer is "depends on things we don't know", but I'd assume it would be revoked if just cause was discovered.
--------------------------------------------------------

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - JustWinBaby - 06-08-2017, 08:27 PM