Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Comey's opening statement is out.
(06-09-2017, 10:12 AM)Dill Wrote: That is the essence of any clearance--not whether the subject has been in the military or whatever.

But I am thinking she must have had SOME level of clearance already to be doing what she was doing.

When you get to NSA, FBI, CIA, etc. level, there is an entire spectrum of specialized identifiers beyond just top secret. When you are at that level of the intelligence biz, it is a whole new ballgame (so to speak). Your standard TS (which I had) does not mean a whole hill of beans in that world. You need specialized identifier showing that you have a need to know. And unlike the standard military three (classified, secret and top secret), there is no more generalization. For example, an Army officer could move from unit to unit and be able to access the new unit's TS documents without having to renew the clearance (although you do have to periodically renew it) because he has a TS clearance and a need to know. At NSA level, a person working on say satellite imagery would need a new security clearance if she took a new position in say human intel. Specialization and compartmentalizing: the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing. Only a handful of people know all or most of what is going on at a big organization like NSA or the FBI.

Some positions at NSA, FBI, etc. require psyche profiles. Not enough, IMO. Especially when it comes to contractors. Which leads me to my next big soapbox: too many g** d*** f****** contractors!

BTW - My comment about her was mainly about her name. But I come from old school military where no one would have an issue with saying, "Reality Winner?!?! WTF is that? Some kinda new game show?!?!?!"
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Comey's opening statement is out. - Bengalzona - 06-09-2017, 11:11 AM